DISCOVER YOUR OPTIONS FOR FIGHTING DWI CHARGES IN TEXAS
Drunk driving tickets are given out in the thousands every year in Texas. That does not mean that the outcome of yours is inevitable. If you act quickly to hire an experienced DWI attorney in San Angelo, TX, you have the opportunity to mount a vigorous defense to the charges you face. Discover your options, and use them to your advantage, with the help of our attorney, David M. White.
For a no-cost consultation at our office in San Angelo, call us at (325) 221-4421, or contact us online.
Common Questions After a DWI Charge
It is normal to have many questions when facing a DWI charge. Here are just a few of the ones you may have:
- Will I face jail time?
- What will happen to my driver’s license?
- What kind of fines will I have to pay?
- How does my DWI affect my current or future employment?
- How will my DWI affect my insurance rates?
Fortunately, the answers to these questions are not set in stone. How you are charged, and how your case ends up, can affect how you are impacted by your DWI. That is why hiring a DWI attorney in San Angelo, TX, is so important. This professional can help you to pursue a positive outcome for your case, particularly if this is not your first DWI offense. Do not hesitate to reach out to a qualified attorney who will put your interests first.
What Is the Process After a DWI?
After you receive a DWI, you must act quickly. You may feel compelled to accept the testimony of the officer or the results of any tests you took, but the reality is that you are not automatically guilty. You have the chance to defend yourself. Here are a few facts to help you understand what to expect after you receive a DWI:
- After your DWI arrest, you only have 15 days to prevent the suspension of your driver’s license.
- Your DWI attorney in San Angelo, TX, can help you get an occupational license to allow you to drive if your license is suspended.
- Conviction of two or more DWIs will result in jail time. Mandatory jail time for these convictions will be imposed no matter how much time has passed between convictions, which means a youthful mistake could seriously impact your life even decades later. You need an experienced attorney to help you handle these potential ramifications.
- Even a first-time DWI conviction can have serious consequences, such as the loss of your license and licensing fees.
There is an art to defending DWI cases. Contact a DWI attorney in San Angelo, TX, who can help you minimize the impacts of a DWI conviction, or even avoid a conviction altogether. This professional can even help you stay employed by assisting you in getting an occupational license so you can still get to work after your license has been suspended.
DWI License Suspension: What You Need to Know
Typically, one of the first things to happen after you receive a DWI is a Notice of Suspension regarding your driver’s license. This is called an Administrative License Revocation (ALR). A copy of this notice is usually left by local law enforcement at the police station, and the original notice is submitted to DPS.
The length of time that your license is suspended depends on a number of factors. Here are a few potential suspension periods:
- Breath or Blood Test Refusal – 180 days
- Breath or Blood Test Failure – 90 days
- Longer suspension periods may apply if you have prior ALRs
You only have 15 days to prevent this suspension of your license, which is why calling a DWI attorney in San Angelo, TX, right away is so important.
Here at the Law Offices of David M. White, we will appeal your ALR at no additional charge, as long as you call us within 15 days of your arrest.
CONTACT AN EXPERIENCED DWI ATTORNEY IN SAN ANGELO, TX
Do not hesitate to contact the Law Offices of David M. White at (325) 221-4421, or contact us online to schedule your free initial consultation regarding your DWI. Our San Angelo office is conveniently located, and in addition to regular weekday business hours, we offer evening and weekend appointments.