Abilene & San Angelo Theft Crimes Lawyer
Representation for Misdemeanor & Felony Charges
Theft is still one of the most common criminal charges in the United States. Depending on the value of the property stolen and the means used to steal it, these crimes can be charged as a misdemeanor or felony. The consequences of a theft conviction can follow you for the rest of your life, so do not take them lightly! Even misdemeanors carry long-term consequences that can bar you from employment and housing.
Make sure you make the effort to protect yourself from these charges. At the Law Offices of David M. White, our experienced theft crimes defense lawyer serves Abilene, San Angelo, and the surrounding areas.
Initial consultations are offered at no charge. Contact us today at (325) 221-4421.
When Is a Theft Crime a Felony?
As you would expect, theft crimes are more harshly penalized when the value of the property is higher than usual. Generally speaking, theft is considered a felony if the value was $15,000 or higher.
What are the Penalties for the Different Degrees of Theft?
Theft crime charges and penalties include:
- Class C Misdemeanor – Stolen property is less than $50. Penalties include $500 in fines.
- Class B Misdemeanor – Stolen property is between $50 and $500, or is a form of identification. Penalties include up to 180 days in jail and $2,000 in fines.
- Class A Misdemeanor – Stolen property is between $500 and $1,500. Penalties include up to 1 year in jail and $4,000 in fines.
- State Jail Felony – Stolen property is between $1,500 and $20,000. Penalties include up to 2 years in jail and $10,000 in fines.
- Third-Degree Felony – Stolen property is between $20,000 and $100,000. Penalties include up to 10 years in prison and $10,000 in fines.
- Second-Degree Felony – Stolen property is between $100,000 and $200,000. Penalties include up to 20 years in prison and $10,000 in fines.
- First-Degree Felony – Stolen property is $200,000 or more. Penalties include up to 99 years in prison and $10,000 in fines.
Whether it’s a misdemeanor or a felony, the consequences of a theft conviction have long-lasting effects. If you have been arrested, start looking for an Abilene, TX attorney today. The more time your lawyer has to prepare, the better your chances are in court.
Our firm offers free consultations. For prompt and professional legal service, contact us today.
We know the importance of your case and the impact it can have on your future. We are here to help.
Our dedicated staff is able to assist any Spanish-speaking clients who are in need of our services.
We are dedicated to obtaining superior results as well as providing top-notch customer service.
"I'm grateful for their diligence through this process."David M. White staff was amazing. They were very patient with me during this emotional and stressful time. With this being my senior year in college, Mr. White and his staff assured me the best route for me to take to get through this process. I really appreciate them, and I'm grateful for their diligence through this process.- Marissa L.
"You feel like you are family when you have this law firm by your side."I strongly recommend this law firm to handle your case. They go above and beyond. Communication is excellent from the first phone call and even after your case is finished. You feel like you are family when you have this law firm by your side. Great experience! Thank you so much Mr. White and Mr. Priest!- Masood Z.
"He was honest and open about all of the options"I had a personal civil case that I needed to have taken care of, I sought out Mr. White as my attorney. He was honest and open about all of the options that were at our disposal and made several suggestions as to what would be the best course of action and all of the possible outcomes with each option. He is also easily accessible, any time I had a question or requested an update, I would call in or e-mail and he would be available to let me know how everything was going and where in the case we were. He is highly knowledgeable and has a great grasp on any case that needs to be handled and I highly recommend using his services for any case that you may need to seek an attorney for.- Chris S.
"So positive and put my mind at ease more than once"I can not tell you what a great lawyer David White is, we are thankful we had him as our attorney. Also his office staff are so positive and put my mind at ease more than once. Thank you so very much! God bless. Linda Misener/Molaison- Linda M.